» The Nordic Council of Ministers’ (NCM) Office in Latvia is part of the Nordic Council of Ministers’ Secretariat assigned to facilitate cooperation between the Nordic countries and Latvia.
» The NCM Office collaborates with public institutions, NGOs and Nordic diplomatic representations in Latvia to implement common Nordic initiatives. It promotes everything that is “Nordic” and broadly profiles Nordic cooperation.
» The NCM Office also acts as a project administrator, including the Nordic–EU projects or joint Nordic–Baltic projects, and is responsible for practical casework, quality assurance, etc.
The activities of the NCM Office in Latvia are regulated by the Guidelines for the Nordic Council of Minister's cooperation with Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania 2009-2013.
Focus areas of the Nordic-Baltic cooperation:
• Entrepreneurship, cluster networks and creative industries
• Environment, climate and energy
• Education, research and innovation
The NCM Office Library is open for visitors four days per week and offers following services:
- information on Nordic co-operation;
- information on the Nordic Council and the Nordic Council of Ministers;
- information about common Nordic-Baltic Mobility Programmes;
- library with reference books and Nordic periodicals;
- library loan of Nordic music CD-ROMs, films in VHS and DVD formats;
- free Internet access for study and research purposes.
The Nordic logo consist of two elements: The Swan symbol and the logotype “Norden” or “Pohjola” in Finnish. The Swan with its eight quills represents five Nordic countries and three autonomous territories.
The logotype “Norden” is the name of the Nordic region in several Nordic languages. This new graphic profile symbolizes the Nordic cooperation through the Nordic Council and the Nordic Council of Ministers as well as through over thirty Nordic institutions.
Different formats of the Office logo: