On the Invitation of the Nordic Council of Ministers’ Office in Latvia and the Riga Graduate School of Law a public lecture will be offered by Dr Hans Blix on „The United Nations and Iraq, Weapons of Mass Destruction, the Use of Violence – a View of a Nordic Lawyer” on Friday May 20 at 14.30 at the Riga Graduate School of Law in the Soros Auditorium (entrance from Strelnieku str. 4a).
On the occasion of his visit to Riga, Dr Hans Blix will donate to the Library of the Riga Graduate School of Law
- a series of International Law Reports covering cases involving international law
- a series of monographs on subjects of international law
- the resolutions of the General Assembly of the United Nations from 1945 up to date
- the British Yearbook of International Law
- the American Journal of International Law
- the yearbook of the International Law Commission
- a number of monographs on subjects of international law, in particular on the international law of treaties.
Dr Hans Blix is Director General emeritus, former Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), and former Chairman of the UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission.