NCM LV, on behalf of the Nordic embassies in Riga, is managing a new project that aims at strengthening the Nordic presence in Latgale region and promoting Nordic contacts with the region. This supports the goals of the Nordic Vision 2030 to make the Nordic region the most sustainable and integrated region in the world, by making it green, competitive and socially sustainable. The project is planned for 2021-22 and consists of establishing a temporary Nordic office in Daugavpils. For that purpose, NCM LV is looking for a half-time employee, presumably from March/April 2021 till the end of December 2022.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Representing and supporting the Nordic embassies, the Danish Cultural Institute and NCM LV in their activities and projects in Latgale region.
- Developing contacts and networks with relevant institutions and organisations in Latgale region that want to cooperate with the Nordics.
- Initiating and operating projects, including administration and reporting.
- Arranging visits, events and similar outreach activities.
- Maintaining regular contacts with Nordic embassies in Riga, the Danish Cultural Institute and NCM LV.
Skills and requirements:
- Higher education in a relevant discipline.
- Fluency in Latvian and Russian and good knowledge of Knowledge of Nordic languages is welcome, but not required.
- Work experience in relevant sectors, e.g. local administration, education, media and/or civil society.
- Experience from project development and management.
- Established local networks in Daugavpils and Latgale region.
- Good skills in oral and written communication, including computer skills. Experience in social media communication is welcome.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Readiness to travel within Latgale region and to Riga. Driving license and possession of a personal car is desirable.
What we can offer:
- Stimulating work in an international environment.
- Competitive salary: 1000 EUR gross (half-time work).
- Health insurance.
- Considering that this is a half-time position, additional work engagements outside the NCM LV will be accepted upon prior agreement with NCM LV, on the condition that they do not interfere with the tasks described above.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter in English by e-mail to: email@example.com by 22 February 2021 (incl.).
In case of any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.